Thursday, April 13, 2006

April 13, 2006 is the first day of the rest of your life.

by Jeffrey Koh
Not only is today the opening day for the 19th Singapore International Film Festival, it also marks the official kickoff of “I blogged, but” (a humble nod to our beloved God of cinema, Yasujiro Ozu).

“I blogged, but” is a concept movie blog which seeks to approach film writings whichever ways we see fit.

We have an eclectic mix of writers from all walks of life. Their aims in contributing their thoughts here may hence vary. For critical consensus and academic accreditation? For fame or glory? From impulse or instinct or the need to share life altering experiences? For films which are capable of conjuring up humanistic transcendence? For movies that simply put a smile on your faces? Let it be known “I blogged, but” may aim to do all of the above, or none at all.

You have been warned.

Note: To commemorate the inauguration of “I blogged, but”, writers shall attempt to provide a pooled coverage of the films to be screened at the 19th Singapore International Film Festival.

Watch this space. Thank you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home